Pitiable and Pwned

You have to feel sorry for them. They have staked their lives and their "future" on society-manipulating lies. They are repeatedly refuted and publically trounced, but they either cannot see this, or they see it but refuse to admit it. Why are they so easily pwned? They are mostly poorly educated, certainly mostly narrowly educated, and are typically logic-deficient. They mostly lack basic comprehension and have zero critical thinking skills. In fact, they appear to believe that critical thinking signifies no greater cognitive challenges than entertaining negative thoughts.

Who are "they"?

They are fundamentalist religionists and creationists.




Here's a pertinent section of a brief dialogue with one. GooTube's 500 character limit and non-consecutive posting of comments necessitates this format. I reproduce it because he is attempting to claim that he did not say what he did, or rather, that he did say what he did not. Considering that this particular creationist frequently accuses others of lying, I think that this is precious:

Creationist:

The New Testament contains several independent sources ...

Response:

Copycats are *not* independent. Pagan writers contemporaneous with Jesus would be considered independent. None of those writers mention any of the events and some falsify the historical references. The NT contains 200,000-400,000 errors, some of them significant and deliberate alterations, some added as late as the early 17th century. The Gospels are cross-contradictory on significant details.

Creationist:

Saying the NT is a "copy" or the Gospels are copies is a lie. And so are your so-called "Bible errors and contradictions". I have already slammed this video's author on that one. Are you wanting to get your ass kicked too? Give me just one of your so called "contradictions" or "errors" in the New Testament. Don't cut and past tons of them from some web page because I'm not going to waste my time answering each and everyone. Just one will do.

I did so. Here. The creationist's denial was predictable.

Creationist:

I already covered these so-called contradictions. These aren't contradicts. They depict each individual's perspective of the incident. I will only waste my time with your first line. You need to explain to me why you think Mt 28:1, Mk 16:1, Lk 24:1 and Jn 20:1 are contradictory.

(Actually, no I do not need to explain any such thing. He requested some evidence, I provided it. There is lots more where that came from.)

Response:

Yes, they are contradictions. They say different things. That's what a contradiction is -- saying something different.You made the claim that the Bible contains no errors and no contradictions. Prove it. Denial is not proof.


Creationist:

No, they don't contradict. That is why I wanted you to explain to me where you think they are contradicting so I can see exactly where you are hallucinating a contradiction.


Response:

It comes as no surprise that you have a problem acknowledging the differences between accounts of who visited the tomb, jeffrey. I take it that you agree with all the other contradictions.


Creationist:

There are differences in the accounts but no contradictions. Exactly where are you seeing this? you need to explain it to me because it's not in the Bible. The contradiction exists in your imagination.


(Interesting that he acknowledges "difference", but denies "contradictions". As I demonstrated, the contradictions, and many more, exist in the Bible and not merely in my imagination.)

Response:

I suggest that you haul out your dictionary and check the definition of contradiction. Not that I would ever expect you to be honest enough to admit that a contradiction is a contradiction. After all, you have already contradicted yourself within your comments.

Btw, who wrote Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John?

This could prove interesting!

No comments: